Very little documentation has been found. Apparently instituted in 1923. The foundation stone of the new premises, adjacent to the then White Lodge Workhouse, was laid by Lt.Col. A.H.Catchpole on 12th November 1927.
An article in the Bury Free Press in March 1933 stated that at the AGM that year, the 10th year of the club, the profits had reached £172 0s 11d, which was considered satisfactory and had enable £100 to be paid off the mortgage, leaving just £300 outstanding.
Sometime in the early 1950s it was extended in the direction of the town, virtually trebling the frontage.
|19?||Bert Human||Bury Free Press|
|1933||Arthur Prigg||Bury Free Press|
early 1950's 2019