Only record seen so far is a hand drawn map by Bernard Clements of pubs on the Rookery. Bernard did not always get things right, especially with location, (witness the map below) but he was seldom wrong in in identifying a "presence".|
He has the Eagle between the Temperance Hotel and the Three Tuns on Market Street. This may well have been the larger premises that eventually merged with the Temperance Hotel. Hopefully further research will uncover the truth.
Bernard Clements map superimposed on the 1925 map...mistakes and all BACK to SEARCH page
Bernard Clements map superimposed on the 1925 map...mistakes and all
BACK to SEARCH page